Just under eight months ago, myself and a dedicated crew of Hunger Games fans launched Jabberjays.net with the goal of becoming a favored destination for fans of The Hunger Games. While we’re happy with our progress over this past year, we’re still looking to expand our crew to ensure an even better experience for our readers. If you’re looking for experience writing news, covering events, or running a fansite in general, we’re a great place to get started!
Before we get to that though, check out the above image to see what our new promotional bookmarks look like! We’ll be handing these out at the Los Angeles premiere (and possibly London if we can ship it there in time), so if you plan to be there, make sure you get your hands on one! (credit to Jabberjays Luan and Carla)
Current open positions on Jabberjays.net:
- News Editors
- Pinterest Editor
- Newsletter Editor
News Editor Qualifications
- News editors must be fluent in English, but bi-lingual editors are welcomed with open arms.
- Minimum age: 15
- Location: no restriction
- Must be a dedicated Hunger Games fan
- Experience with WordPress is a huge plus, but not required. As long as you can pick things up quickly, we can train you.
- Editors must have the ability to use discretion, have good attention to detail, must know how to follow specific instructions, and must remain open-minded and receptive to constructive criticism.
- Above all, must have a sense of humor.
Pinterest Editor Qualifications
In addition to the above, our Pinterest editor must:
- Be addicted to Pinterest
Ha ha, yep, that’s it!
Newsletter Editor Qualifications
In addition to the News Editor qualifications:
- Experience with MailChimp and/or sending out email campaigns.
- Emphasis on previous mention of attention to detail.
If you think you qualify for any of these positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you think you’d make a good Jabberjay and tell us a bit about you. Keep in mind that first impressions mean a lot.
Please note that while we would like to remain in contact with all of our applicants, since we are in the middle of a peak news period, we will be unable to notify every applicant personally when the positions are filled. The above are volunteer positions.